– Desmond has emerged as a Top-5 character, in that he is one of the top five people I want to see in every episode. The others, as of now, include Ben Linus, Richard Alpert, Sawyer and Sayid. (The list is in constant flux.) I am glad the writers are focusing on Desmond this season. With any luck, there is trouble ahead.
– Judging by Alpert’s reaction to Locke’s name-dropping of Jacob, it is entirely possible Alpert is Jacob. I am not sold on that theory, but it occurred to me tonight.
– How often do you see a drunken Third World doctor help birth a baby mere moments after it looked like the doc was going to spin a revolver and go “di di mau” on his drinking buddies? Answer: Not often enough. Thank you, Lost.
– Faraday, you’re in the freaking jungle. Lose the Joel McHale-style skinny tie already.
– Does anyone really care if Charlotte dies? I have nothing against her. I just don’t have anything for her. She is maybe one small step above Frogurt on the I-don’t-give-a-shit-scale.
– Best reveal of the week: Widmore was on the island in 1954. I can not wait to see that play out. What did he find there – or leave there – that is so important?
– I demand more mysterious, creepy, non-blinking Ben Linus next week.
– My new favorite thing: The Sawyer Nickname Generator
. From now on, call me “Sherrif.”